Upgrade to vBulletin 4?

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by t-rent, Feb 29, 2012.

1. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Thinking about having the forums upgraded to the latest version. It's what the vortex is currently run. May be a bit newer, but same interface.

Not sure just yet when this would happen as I want to try to keep all the functionality we currently have so I have to do some research on things.

Just thought I would throw this out there for you guys.

2. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Awesome.... Do Work Son! :lol:

3. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

As long as we still have a mobile version.

4. t-rent

Are you using tapatalk or just a web browser on your phone?

5. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

6. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

7. vgneric

vgneric Posting- God

This.

sent via Tapatalk

8. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

upgrade that shit mang!

I'll object to tapatalk, though. ditb is more than easy enough to see on a phone browser, and is still layed out really well.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  9. t-rent

While ditb will still have a mobile version it's not going to be what you see now. The current mobile version is only compatible with our current forum version and I did a ton of coding changes on it. Was a huge pita so I'm not going through that again.

10. vgneric

vgneric Posting- God

Whoa, I'm not loving how bright it is!

And what are people's objection to tapatalk? Best app ever. I have all the forums I'm on right there and it has a super simple formatting.

Maybe the only reason I'm anti browser is that my phone wasn't going to a mobile version of the site. It was just the site and I had to zoom all over the place.

11. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

The brightness is a work in progress ... never used taptalk even though I get prompted everytime i view some forums. Maybe ill try it out and then spread the hate lol

12. t-rent

The forums were upgraded at 2am. It's still a work in progress and our normal theme should be back either tonight or this weekend.

13. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

Woah. lol Ill give my feed back in a little. Just got super surprised lol

14. t-rent

No feedback yet.

It's not done, it's just installed no other work has been done past that yet. Theme has to be installed so it looks just like the previous version.

15. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

ahhhhhhh, freakin outtttttttttttt!:shocked:

in the meantime ill pastthe time some other way :wank:

16. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

LOL

17. Mk3Sleeper04

Mk3Sleeper04 Vroom!

Looks good can't wait to see the finished product change is good!

18. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

My feed back would only be good jeez!!!
    But fine. lol

19. t-rent

While trying to fix the YouTube thread the forums decided they would completely break. It was caused by the mod that allows the site to embed youtube video's in a post.

It took a long time to get fixed, and ended having to be a full restore of all files and databases. Due to that some posts were lost, probably only a handful.

20. leftcoaster

leftcoaster YES! I do repost!

sounds good.. thanks for bringing losing the dark shit.. Living in Seattle the winter days are short and gray and the nights are long and black... makes me long for Cabo! I like light!