VAG-COM Immo Help

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by unibagel, Apr 4, 2011.

1. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I picked up a Unitronics flashed ECU and when I plug it in I get the Immobolizer light on the dash. I'm assuming that it needs to be told that it's ok to work on unibagel's car, that he's a cool dude, that he will treat him right, etc... LOL.

So is there someone in the Southtowns that car either pop over or I can go to you with a 6-er of your favorite brew to help me out?

Thank you in advance, oh Volkwagen gods!

Chris

2. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

does the car actually start and run with this ECU in?

3. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

I'm sure Steve/Jason would know the answer.

4. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

It is the same P/N except for the last digit. The car starts but immediatley shuts down. The immo light is on. I swaped my original ECU back in and it started right up. (I don't kow if it matters but I use the service key as I don't like the big stupid transmitter key very much.)

Any thoughts?

5. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

It doesn't have the Immobilizer delete like you thought it does.
    You'd have to have you keys programed to the ECU

6. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.

Dealer time

7. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

Make sure it's just immo 2. If it's immo 3, then the key and the cluster have to be programmed to the ECU.

8. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

How would I find this out?

9. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

BTW the code on the ECU is:

021 906 018 M

It's the same as mine except my last letter I think is an R or a P, I don't remember

10. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

Since your car's a 2001, they actually changed mid-year, IIRC. I don't know if you have access to VAG-COM, but there's a way to check if you do using this how-to

11. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

My car has a 4/01 build date, if that helps. But I'm still wondering if a VAG-COM cable can help me out by syncing my keys to this new ECU. Does anyone know?

Thanks a bunch!

Chris

12. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

No dice. Dealer only to program your keys unless that ECU has the IMMO defeat, which I think has been concluded that it doesn't.

13. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Ok, Steve kindly verified that I have immo II on my car. The Ross-Tech website says that with immo II you can use the VAG-COM cable to resync a new (used) ECU to your car/cluster.

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Immobilizer 2 ECU Swapping

So now, can I pop over to someone's house to have them do this for me? Maybe this weekend?

Tanks in advance!

Chris

14. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Ok so a HUGE thanks to Dotterweich for helping me install my "new" ECU with Unitronics Stage 1 Software! I could not have done it without your help!

Thanks again Andy!:Banane01:

Chris