Venue Options/General Idea Thread

Discussion in 'DitB Yearly Show' started by lorge1989, Feb 18, 2015.

1. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

All over but most likely this year will be mostly us and any car that is a show car of course $3 for euro cars $5 for non euro

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

2. seanhickey

seanhickey Well-Known Member

Think of other show names. Water by the bridge, southern worthersee, vagfair, wuste, h2o, eurohanger... The names are based on location and the theme. We need something clever tying in buffalo with whatever kind of show it will be. It's gotta sound like a show name too.

"I'm going to ________ down in buffalo this june"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. seanhickey

seanhickey Well-Known Member

We should spread the word about it at Great Lakes this year

4. 89GL4Door

89GL4Door Well-Known Member

Great lakes is in Clevland. F that. But like sean sad. Think of other shows and base a name from that. All the names you e suggested i think would be terrible. If the show doesnt have a good name no ones going to want to come.

5. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Everyone saying the names we have suck, why the hell do you think Eddie reached out? Because we werenlooking for feedback and other ideas. Saying the names suck does not help.

We all know that a Buffalo reference should be in the name and if possible something making it known that it is a euro event..... We need to decide on the name soon so we can get the word out.

Please use this thread for name suggestions and feedback only. The actual happenings at the event are not relevant and will be discussed after we get the basic details ironed out. ( All of which are pretty much done, except for a name)

6. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

So am I to assume this is an actual shows with classes and trophy's?

7. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

The mentality of "this show is in...fuck that" is exactly why we've formed a shitty relationship with the other two hosting cities.

I have had to do a lot of explaining and compromising with these guys and this year Pat (from Pittsburgh) is making a pretty conscious effort to make cleveland a euro-centric event. Next year, given I have the ability to, I will do the same for us again.

Don't be a dick. When I have some constructive naming criticism to add here, I will. I have some ideas stewed from when I was trying this, but I was focusing mostly on a waterfront event

8. one.8tee

one.8tee Well-Known Member

Could just give a nod to the Berlin Klassik and go with Buffalo Klassik. Im thinking hard while procrastinating writing a lab report and nothings hitting me.

lorge1989 likes this.
  9. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

I dont think anyone is being a dick but out of 25-30 post we are no where closer to a name and here I thought including other people would make this much easier....I'm losing faith in that idea.

We are better then this. .

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I for one don't feel a buffalo reference is necessary in the name. Seems a little tacky to me. But the name needs to be simple.

Rust belt euros

t-rent likes this.
  11. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

We have formed a shitty relationship with the other cities because they always drop the ball.....

What has your explaining and compromising been about? I dont really understand that. Are you referring to the fact that we wanted to take over the GLGTG and they didn't like that?

There has been a lack of support so far this year for Great Lakes, and I think thats just because DITB always makes a solid effort, we always have a good showing. But the last few times the event has been held outside of Buffalo, it sucked.

I like this, a lot.

Seems tacky hmm.. One of the biggest motivations of doing this event is to develop into a regional event, over the course of a few years of course. We want to showcase Buffalo, thats why we are making such an effort to have it downtown.

12. eurotrsh

They won't drive here, we won't drive there, why add other cities (no one will drive any further). It's crappy attitudes from everyone. Not just us, not just them.

I'm dating back two years when I was 100% about dates with them and they basically said "GFY" and scheduled the same day. The takeover talk I had nothing to do with.

13. one.8tee

one.8tee Well-Known Member

As I was trying to think of other names it started growing on me more too hah

14. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

I'm also liking this

15. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

Honestly the name should be determined behind the scenes. Name it what you want. People will have to accept it either way. Everyone has different taste and opinion so this will always be a dead end thread. Just figure out the name then make a official announcement.

Porkins likes this.
  16. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

THIS.

17. eurotrsh

I'm not against this at all.

18. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Berlin klassik is pretty much across the border. I feel using Klassik is kind of stealing their name.

19. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Your taking this wrong, I am all for showcasing buffalo. But I just feel having buffalo in the name is too much/trying too hard, unless the name is really good.

Not that we want to be like every other show/gtg but nobody has the name of their city in the name, again if it was something with good flow it might work, I'm not against buffalo klassik. Think about how It sounds if said in a sentence;

I'm going to the buffalo euro a bash in buffalo ny in June.

Or

I'm going to rust belt euros in buffalo ny in June.

To me having buffalo in the name just seems too much. That being said "im going to the buffalo klassik in buffalo ny in June, doesn't sound that bad.

Having the city in the name to me sounds like it is most geared at including members of the city, like less open to others.

Using the quality and fun of the snow to showcase buffalo should be the goal. Not using a name just to showcase buffalo.

A4 Deja vu likes this.
  20. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Downtown Fad?

DTF!