Volkswagen interns roll into Worthersee with GTI Black Dynamic show car

Discussion in 'Car News' started by dubbot, Jun 26, 2012.

1. dubbot

dubbot Well-Known Member

Filed under: Concept Cars, Performance, Europe, Hatchback, Volkswagen, Misc. Auto Shows
    [​IMG]

Slammed Skodas, Seats, Audis and Polos are all well and nice, but at the end of the day, the annual gathering of Volkswagen performance enthusiasts at Lake Wörthersee in Austria is about the GTI. That much isn't lost on Volkswagen, so in addition to bringing the new GTI Cabrio along with all the aforementioned corporate cousins, the German automaker has rolled into the lakeside expo with the tricked-out concept car you see here.

Called the GTI Black Dynamic, the show car is the work of nine lucky (and apparently talented) student interns at Volkswagen. The team dropped the suspension 35 mm lower than stock, bumped the output up by 150 horsepower to a prodigious 360, upgraded the gearbox and brakes to cope with the extra power and fitted an 1,800-watt sound system.

Of course all that kit couldn't go unnoticed, so the Black Dynamic GTI was also treated to a deep black paint job with matte anthracite trim and red detailing. The team even went so far as to hand-craft the GTI letters on the lift-gate and gave the car a custom interior, too. You can read more about it in the pair of press releases below, or better yet see it from all the angles in the high-res image gallery above.Continue reading Volkswagen interns roll into Worthersee with GTI Black Dynamic show car
    Volkswagen interns roll into Worthersee with GTI Black Dynamic show car originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 May 2012 19:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    [h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

2. TANGO DOWN

TANGO DOWN OhnO a V8

I love my dubs, from air cooled, right up to the shit the US will never get. And the GTI is the original pocket rocket hot hatch back. This will never be lost on me, but for the love of Christ when is VW gonna do a R-line or limted edition Jetta or GLI?? It seems like we have been forgoten by VW, we love fast AWD manuel/ DSG flappy paddle gear box 250 hp toys as well. I know peanut gallery, but it does seem like we have been put to the "other" customer/ tuner catagory. Ok I'm done now

3. Xander

Xander McLovin

Would it take huge magic to bolt the back half of the golf R driveline into a Jetta?

4. TANGO DOWN

TANGO DOWN OhnO a V8

From what me and Steve have talked about it doesnt seem like it would be that hard. Were thinking a gas tank mod, minor suspenion mods for accept the rear axel, exhaust mod, trans and transfer case mod, and possibly a channel way mod. I have seen it done on the Vortex with a MK4 1.8t GLI and an R32 trans and rear end swap. Had to cut out the whole rear subframe, and section to fit up the proper gas tank and other things mentioned above. I am sure there are a few other things that would need done that I cant think of off the top of my head. But it can be done for sure.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Yea... Cause that doesn't sound hard at all....

Must be why everyone is haldex swapping their mk4, 5 and 6's... Oh wait..

6. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

The short answer to Xander's question is "yes".

7. TANGO DOWN

TANGO DOWN OhnO a V8

hahahahahahaha there was a bit of sarcasim in there sasquatch. If it was that simplI would be well into a swap myself lol

8. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Ftfy

9. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

If you've got the money, Lorge has the time.

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Psh maybe if George had the money and the time, id be kind enough to let him foot the bill and do the work haha