Went out for a Grilled Chicken Caeser Salad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SuperFan99, Oct 17, 2012.

1. SuperFan99

SuperFan99 Well-Known Member

...and decided to buy this too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's on an island. It's dope.

[​IMG]

So that pretty much puts all of my car plans on hold for the forseeable future.

2. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

Looks really familiar. Whereabouts?

3. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Well-Known Member

Good luck mowing the lawn.
    Very cool though.

4. SuperFan99

Sodus Bay.

5. SuperFan99

It's shady enough that I don't think it will be an issue. I know there was a drought, but the previous owner didn't mow once this year. A lot of the green is various types of moss.

6. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

awesome! :fing02:

on day id like to go get a sandwich and come back in this

[​IMG]

7. 93dx--hatch

93dx--hatch 01ci--coupe

Nice, do you have to take a boat to get to it? I'll take a summer lake house over a 997TT anyday

8. Bracketracer

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  9. SuperFan99

Yep. It's pretty awesome, except when the winds are out of the south west like they were this weekend. That kind of sucked in a shallow v 14' utility boat. I'm hoping to pick up my bigger boat Friday when I head out there.

The cottage is actually on Eagle island, that shot is from the Eagle Island Homeowners association docks, right next to Connelly's Cove. That's where we went for the Grilled Chicken Caeser Salad. ;)

I'm on the south east corner of the island, right where the water gets deep.

We were actually contemplating something on LeRoy, but we really couldn't pass this one up. It's going to need a lot of work, but that's half the fun.

10. Bracketracer

So cool. I've spent a LOT of time on that water. Know the area ridiculously well. I thought about Eagle, but was a little hesitant due to the boat-only access, compared to Leroy. And then again, that place we were looking at on Leroy was facing East, which meant that the water there was nothing but weeds and muck.

Now, just found a place on Charles point that looks amazing. It would be kinda cool to have both lake and bay frontage at the same time.

I'm truly envious.

11. SuperFan99

I've been a little worried about that too, but honestly, I'm not going to be out there much when the weather is really bad (except for this year). I met a bunch of other guys who were out closing up for the season, and one in particular told me that as soon as the bay freezes, he usually snowmobiles or walks out depending on the thickness of the ice. The only downside is the water on the island gets turned off for the season the first weekend in November, and turned back on mid April.

Most of the cottages come furnished, since most people don't want to bother taking everything off the island. There's one guy that owns a barge that will ship large stuff over for an hourly rate, and keeps a backhoe on the island for excavating, etc. He also takes care of the septic pumpouts, etc.

Give me a ring if you're out there. I'll show you around the island. If that doesn't change your mind about the boat only access, nothing will.

12. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Fuck this is awesome. Boat only access is so awesome. Good luck with the renovations!

13. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

That is a nice post-economic-collapse location. You should pick up a snow machine so you can access it during the winter months as well.

14. Bracketracer

LOL....planes land on that bay when it's cold cold.

15. SuperFan99

It's just under a 2 hour drive. Far enough that you feel like you're going somewhere, close enough to go every weekend.

We're debating getting a sled down the road. Just not sure where the hell to store it when I'm not using it. It will be a few years though.

According to Google maps, we're only a half a mile from the mainland as the crow flies. I figure we can XC ski it, or snowshoe if there's too much powder on the ice.

There were a few seaplanes taking off from the bay last Saturday.

This was mid day saturday. At one point there were 12 boats out there. We're right on the seem between the weedbed, and where the water gets deep. The boats started rolling in right after sun up.

[​IMG]

16. Bracketracer

Curious how they handle physical mail there. I assume PO box.

Also, not sure how long you've been hanging around that area, but if you haven't been here (red circle) during the Summer weekends, it's a great party spot. Sand bar, between 3-4 feet deep. I've spent entire days there.

[​IMG]

17. SuperFan99

I'm not sure either. There's a big mailbox at the end of the North Dock for the HOA. I don't think we'll be getting any mail out there though.

The 5th of July was the first time I'd ever been out there, but I know right where that is. We didn't have a boat until just before we closed, but we spent some quality time at Captain Jacks this summer while we were waiting to close.

[​IMG]

18. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

Congratulations on the purchase! Just one question: How was the salad?

19. SuperFan99

Not bad. The burgers are much better.

20. Bracketracer

Not that I'm a huge fan of a pile of fried seafood, but theirs isn't horrible