What should I ask for my mk1 gt1 wheels? "snowflakes"

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by ColdAccord, Jul 16, 2015.

1. ColdAccord

ColdAccord Well-Known Member

Like the white guy in prison or the stuff being sold on corners in bad neighborhoods, I've got some "snowflakes" for sale.

Came off my mk1 gti, appear to be in very nice shape, no noticeable bends. Tires are relics have camber wear but at least appear to hold air.

What should I ask for them in such condition? $200?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the car they came from. Before me it belonged to Bob Gabri, for you older VW fans. He was a big auto-x'er in the area in the 80's.

[​IMG]

2. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I used to Auto-X with Bob! Infact, I was the acting ambulance when he lost it and smacked the wall at Lancaster Speedway years ago when we used to Auto-X there. He also used to make and interesting drink called "Pumpkin Juice" at The Great Pumpkin Race" at Nelson Ledges. :)

I've always loved those wheels too! GLWS.

3. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

I don't know if you'll get $200, but they're tough wheels. I have two or three sets of them on various VWs at my father's place.

4. ColdAccord

That's great! Small world. Sadly he passed away a few years ago it seems, I bought the gti from a young kid who bought it from Bob's estate, his wife had POA. Did he put the gti into the wall, or his 240z? I remember my dad telling me the story when I was a boy but don't remember which car.

Do you recognize this? My dad knew Bob and used to autocross this z back in the day (still has it).

[​IMG]

5. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

It's was the GTI. I have a pic of it somewhere...

I don't remember the Z.

6. ColdAccord

I'd love to see the photos if you ever find them