Where do you guys wash your car in the winter?

Discussion in 'Detailing Forum' started by akalito, Jan 23, 2015.

1. akalito

akalito Member

As the title states, where do you guys take your car to wash in the winter? Any wash bays recommendations or lower friendly car washes? I go to buffalo state so anything close will be cool but will travel for a good recommend spot.

2. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

I haven't washed my car all winter.

The cold makes me lazy.

3. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I either wait for a day over 40 degrees then hook up the power washer at home, or go to a self serve spray and wash, no particular one really.

4. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Delta Sonic, unlimited 3 month wash package...

5. akalito

akalito Member

are they lower friendly?

6. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

No.I ripped off my gli lip going thru delta sonic. Any self serve wash is best bet.

7. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

I wash my car like 2 or 3 times a week, depending on the weather. But any self service place should be good

8. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Main Hand Wash in the city.

$10 hand wash, dry, door jambs, and outside glass

9. akalito

akalito Member

lucky you jason lol

yeah I was scared my cupra will get ripped off

definitely going to check this place out, thanks

10. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

Forgot all about Main Hand Wash. I'd just go there if you're at Buff State.

For me I use a self serve which is by far the best I've found out on Lockport road in Wheatfield. But I'm sure only Patty D and I use that.

11. akalito

akalito Member

main car wash doesn't have rails right? A hand wash spot back home uses rails which defeats the purpose in my opinion

12. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Main Hand Wash does not. The weird spot next to Auto Zone does. Make sure you go here.

1712 Main St, you'll pull between two buildings and then loop around to get in line.

13. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I'm gonna start going there too. Thanks.

14. Unit91MS

Unit91MS Well-Known Member

A bit out of the way for you if you're at Buff State, but the Sunoco on the corner of Maple and Ayers is where I go. They have a touch free "laser wash" that does a pretty decent job and has an undercarriage blast, which is worth it to me. If you get gas at the same time you also save 10 cents a gallon. There's no rails or anything on the ground so I would assume very low cars would have no problem.

15. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

It depends on the location. The one on Niagara Falls blvd my bmw will not make it it gets hung up, the one in Niagara falls it made it ...... Unless the have revamped their washes. The Niagara falls was 3-4 years ago, the NFB was 2 years ago. Since then I wash it at home, however, this is a summer only car.

16. barkeater

barkeater Well-Known Member

there is a touchless wash on Kenmore between Colvin and Delaware that is descent and low friendly. Also like the undercarriage douche

17. mahoneybags21

mahoneybags21 Well-Known Member

my garage since i have hot water outside

18. Xander

Xander McLovin

I my garage. I've done the just above freezing, roll the hose out, rubber gloves to keep the hands warm, and I was over it. Water in the heated garage FTW.

Back in the day if it went too long without warm temps I would just spray and wash it.

X...

19. MAAAAAD

MAAAAAD inactive account

maple rd car wash . has the vacuum part, do it your self part or the lazy fat ass sit in your car wash. place is nice. In elma and if you are a lazy fat ass it's not low friendly.